On-Campus Experience: Brandeis University Genesis Program
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN APPLYING
- On the online application, there is a section for you to list “Community Based Organizations.” In that section, you MUST provide the complete name of your Boys & Girls Club in order to be considered for a slot.
Dates of Experience
- July 2 – July 30, 2018
About the Program
- Connect with motivated students from around the globe and learn with professionals in their fields for a life changing summer of intensive study, experiential learning and vibrant Jewish community. Courses at Genesis examine areas of knowledge that begin with an academic discipline as seen through a uniquely Jewish lens. Our faculty lead you through complex, compelling topics that challenge assumptions. This year Genesis will offer: culinary arts and anthropology, gender and sexuality, science, social entrepreneurship, technology, world religions and cultures.
- • Must have an active membership in a Boys & Girls Club
• Must be currently enrolled high school student
• Must submit an online application form
• Must complete two short essays
• Must submit transcript (to confirm GPA – unofficial OK)
Grade when applying
- • Rising 10th, 11th or 12th graders
- • 2-5 slots available
Terms of On Campus Summer Experience
- • Scholarship value: $5,800 (Single Session: $3,000)
• Four-week overnight summer program (Single Session: 9-days)
• Students selected will be responsible for transportation to and from campus. On-campus housing and meals included. Students should be prepared to bring spending money
- March 1, 2017
About Brandeis University
- Brandeis University is one of the youngest private research universities, as well as the only nonsectarian Jewish-sponsored college or university in the country. Brandeis combines the faculty and resources of a world-class research institution with the intimacy and personal attention of a small liberal arts college. With 3,600 undergraduate students, the institution offers more than 43 majors and 46 minors, and is ranked in the top tier of the nation’s universities. Brandeis is located in Waltham, Mass., just nine miles west of Boston.