On-Campus Experience: Brandeis University Service Corps Program
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN APPLYING
- On the online application, there is a section for you to list “Community Based Organizations.” In that section, you MUST provide the complete name of your Boys & Girls Club in order to be considered for a slot.
Dates of Experience
- July 8 – July 19, 2018
About the Program
- Brandeis University has been a center for service and social justice education for decades. At the Brandeis Service Corps, you’ll have the opportunity to combine your love of service with hands-on volunteer projects and deep intellectual exploration into the issues facing communities in the Greater Boston area and throughout the country. You’ll get a taste of life at a top-tier university while making meaningful personal connections with those whose lives are affected by homelessness, developmental disability, poverty, refugee status and other forms of need.
- • Must have an active membership in a Boys & Girls Club
• Must be a currently enrolled high school student
• Must submit an online application form
• Must complete two short essays
• Must submit transcript (to confirm GPA – unofficial OK)
Grade when applying
- • Rising 10th, 11th or 12th graders
- • 2-5 slots available
Terms of On Campus Summer Experience
- • Scholarship value: $3,000
• Twelve-day overnight program
• Students selected will be responsible for transportation to and from campus. On-campus housing and meals included. Students should be prepared to bring spending money
- March 1, 2017
About Brandeis University
- Brandeis University is one of the youngest private research universities, as well as the only nonsectarian Jewish-sponsored college or university in the country. Brandeis combines the faculty and resources of a world-class research institution with the intimacy and personal attention of a small liberal arts college. With 3,600 undergraduate students, the institution offers more than 43 majors and 46 minors, and is ranked in the top tier of the nation’s universities. Brandeis is located in Waltham, Mass., just nine miles west of Boston.