Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University: Distinguished Scholars Award Program
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN APPLYING
- This scholarship is exclusive to Boys & Girls Club members, however, applicants must provide the complete name of their Boys & Girls Club on the application in order to be considered for the scholarship.
About the Distinguished Scholars Award Program
- The Distinguished Scholars Award Program is a merit scholarship for U. S. high school graduates. Eligible scholars will receive an award to cover the cost of tuition minus the sum of Bright Futures (Florida residents ONLY), the National Merit® (Click here for more information) award or other scholarship and awards.
- • Must earn a standard US high school diploma or its equivalency (unless the student completes a home education program or earns a high school diploma from a non-US high school while living with a parent who is on military or public service assignment away from the US)
• Must have 1290 on the redesigned SAT or a 29 on the ACT. Must earn a *650 on the SAT math section or *27 on the ACT Math subject area
• Must earn a minimum score of 76 on the ALEKS Math exam (Click here for more information)
• Must have a 3.5 FAMU recalculated GPA
• Must be a U.S. Citizen/U. S. Resident
- Eligibility for renewal is determined at the end of the second semester or the equivalent of each academic year.For automatic renewal, an award recipient will complete the following:
• Must earn credit for all hours enrolled by the regular drop/add period each term.
• Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
• Must maintain the degree program at time of admission.
• Must validate FAFSA on file in the FAMU Office of Financial Aid prior to February 1.
Scholarship Amounts and Availability
- • Open
Application Deadline for Fall 2018 School Year
November 30, 2017
For more information or questions contact
- Boys & Girls Club of America
Phone: (404) 487-5654