Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University: Presidential Special Scholarship Program
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN APPLYING
- This scholarship is exclusive to Boys & Girls Club members, however, applicants must provide the complete name of their Boys & Girls Club on the application in order to be considered for the scholarship.
About the Presidential Special Scholarship Program
- The Presidential Special Scholarship program is a merit scholarship for high school graduates. These individuals are diverse and have special talents outside of the classroom setting. The scholarship will provide between $2,000 through $5,000 per academic year. The scholarship will cover fees associated with tuition, but minus the postage fee and the orientation fee or charges associated with room and board.
Students are eligible to receive an award for a maximum of eight (8) semesters. A student must maintain enrollment in the degree program under which this award was made. Students may not change majors. A student must enroll in fifteen credit hours per semester. Awards are not made during the summer term.
- • Must major in the following fields: Engineering, Physical and Life Natural, Computer Science programs
• Must earn a standard US high school diploma or its equivalency (unless the student completes a home education program or earns a high school diploma from a non-US high school while living with a parent who is on military or public service assignment away from the US)
• Must have 1000 on the redesigned SAT or a 24 on the ACT
• Must earn a 550 on the SAT math section or 24 on the ACT Math subject area
• Must have a 3.0 FAMU recalculated GPA.Must be a U.S. Citizen/U. S. Resident
- Eligibility for renewal is determined at the end of the second semester or the equivalent of each academic year. For automatic renewal, an award recipient:
• Must earn credit for all hours enrolled by the regular drop/add period each term
• Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Must maintain the degree program at time of admission
• Must validate FAFSA on file in the FAMU Office of Financial Aid prior to February 1
Scholarship Amounts and Availability
- • Open
Application Deadline for Fall 2018 School Year
November 30, 2017
For more information or questions contact
- Boys & Girls Club of America
Phone: (404) 487-5654