Oregon State University Tuition Slots
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN APPLYING
- On the Undergraduate Application for Admissions, in the section titled Scholarship Application, when asked about Extracurricular Activities, applicants MUST provide the complete name of their Boys & Girls Club, Positions Held, Hours per Week and School Year(s) they attended the Club in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- March 1, 2017 (Applications received AFTER this deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis)
About Oregon State University
- Founded in 1868, Oregon State University is a leading public research university located in Corvallis, Oregon. OSU is the state’s Land Grant University and is one of only two university in the U.S. to have Sea Grant, Space Grant and Sun Grant designations. As Oregon’s leading public research university, with $336 million in external funding in the 2016, Oregon State accounts for more research funding than all of the state’s comprehensive public universities combined. Additionally, OSU has a presence in every one of Oregon’s 36 counties, with a statewide economic footprint of over $2B.
- • Must have an active membership in a Boys & Girls Club
• Must reside in the state of Oregon
• Preferred cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and completion of 15 required subject area courses
• Class rank considered in context with academic rigor and class size of high school attended
• A minimum score of 1540 on the new SAT I exam or 23 on the ACT (writing scores are required by OSU), and an average of 470 or above and a minimum total of 940 on two SAT II Subject Tests (Math Level I or IIC required), plus a second test of the student’s choice
Grade when applying
- • Applicants must have completed the 11th grade
- • 2 full tuition scholarships